LONDON: The English Premier League (EPL) said today they had “no plans” to postpone the season and were confident the protocol was done after the third major league match was postponed due to the spread of COVID-19.
Tottenham’s home match against Fulham was canceled just three hours before the kick-off after several cases were reported.
It is the third game postponed due to the virus after Newcastle’s meeting against Aston Villa earlier this month and last Monday involving Everton and Manchester City.
The Premier League announced yesterday the highest record of the season with 18 positive cases in the latest test.
However, the parent body issued a statement today that they are determined to meet the schedule.
“The Premier League has not discussed action to postpone the season and there are no plans to do so,” he said.